No-Fee ScotiaGold ® Visa card
$0 annual fee
Plus save with discounts of up to 20% at participating AVIS car rental locations worldwide.
Choose a card created for newcomers.
- Essential travel benefits with no annual fee
- $0 annual fee
- Convenient with Visa payWave ™ simply wave your card and go!
- Eligible for My Mobile Wallet
- Eligible for Apple Pay
At a Glance
Discount Rates at
Rental Car Collision Insurance
Essential Travel Benefits – expand for more details
Save with discounts of up to 20% at participating AVIS car rental locations worldwide. Simply present your
No-Fee ScotiaGold VISA card at any participating location. Or visit www.AVIS.com or call 1-800-TRY-AVIS (879-2847) and quote the rebate number C030400.
Rental Car Collision Insurance 2
Covers full value of the vehicle against damage, loss or theft provided the entire cost of the car rental is changed to your No-Fee ScotiaGold VISA card AND coverage offered by the rental car agency is declined (some exclusions apply). Certificate of Rental Car Collision Insurance (87 kb)
Rates & Fees – expand for more details
- Minimum Credit Limit $5,000
- Interest-Free Grace Period At least 21 days 3
- Annual Fee $0
- Interest Rate
- 19.99% on purchases
- 22.99% on cash advances, balance transfers
For current rates and information on fees and interest cost, call 1-888-882-8958.
Interest rates, annual fees and features are effective as of March 1, 2011 and are subject to change without notice. Learn more about VISA card fees and VISA card interest rates.
Special Discounts – expand for more details
Save with discounts of up to 20% at participating AVIS car rental locations worldwide. Simply present your No-Fee ScotiaGold VISA card at any participating location. Or visit www.AVIS.com or call 1-800-TRY-AVIS (879-2847) and quote the rebate number C030400.
Scotia ® Credit Card Cheques 5 & Instant Cash Advances – expand for more details
Use Scotia Credit Card Cheques to:
- Transfer balances from gas and retail cards that charge higher interest rates.
- Pay for a large purchase, insurance premiums, medical bills, or utility bills.
- Over 1 million ABMs around the world displaying the VISA/PLUS symbols.
- Over 55,000 ABMs displaying the INTERAC symbol in Canada, including Scotiabank ABMs.
- Or, access your No-Fee ScotiaGoldVISA account with your ScotiaCard when you link the two together.
Easy Access to your No-Fee ScotiaGold VISA – expand for more details
Link your No-Fee ScotiaGold VISA account to your ScotiaCard® you can use TeleScotia® Telephone Banking and Scotia OnLine® Financial Services for VISA account information.
Save time when paying for small, everyday purchases with Visa payWave. Simply wave your card over the card reader and go! 4
My Mobile Wallet is now included with the FREE Scotiabank Mobile Banking app and lets you tap your smartphone on the terminal to pay. Just look for the Visa payWave ™ symbol at the checkout.
Scotia Credit Card Protection (optional) – expand for more details
With one simple application, you can have financial protection from a range of life events: Disability, Job Loss, Strike or Lockout, Critical Illness or loss of Life. A monthly benefit equal to 10% † of your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid to your credit card account if you are unable to work, which can help pay down your balance faster. In the event of a diagnosis of a covered Critical Illness ++ , or if you pass away, your outstanding credit card account balance can be paid in full, up to a maximum of $50,000.
This comprehensive coverage is available at a monthly premium rate of only $0.95 per $100 of average daily balance on your credit card account (plus any applicable sales tax). The affordable cost includes benefits for a Co-Borrower at no additional charge. The premium is conveniently charged to your credit card account to help ensure your coverage stays in place.
Approval is fast – contact us for details if you are a resident of Canada, and are at least 18 and under 70 years of age.
View more information or simply call 1-855-753-4272 between 8am and 8pm (EST) Monday to Friday and a Customer Service Representative will be pleased to assist you.
- † 10% of your outstanding credit card account balance for up to 10 months up to a maximum of $5,000 per month and a total maximum of $50,000 if you are unable to work due to involuntary Job Loss, Strike or Lockout or become disabled.
- ++ Critical Illness, Disability, Job Loss and Strike/Lockout coverage terminates at age 70. Life coverage terminates at age 80.
- Scotia Credit Card Protection is a group insurance policy underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada.
- All coverage is subject to terms and conditions including limitations and exclusions which are outlined in the Certificate of Insurance which you will receive upon enrolment.
Recently moved to Canada? Apply for a credit card designed for newcomers.
It’s hard to get a credit card without a Canadian credit history. But the Scotiabank StartRight ® Program ± for Newcomers can help. It’s a special program designed to meet the needs of newcomers to Canada. With the StartRight Program, you can be approved for a credit card – even without a Canadian credit history. Once you have a credit card you can:
- Make purchases online or by phone.
- Earn rewards like cash back, free movies or travel points.
- Build your Canadian credit history and credit score, so you can build the future you want in Canada.
Use the link below to apply for your credit card through the Scotiabank StartRight Program today.
Ready to Apply
- Online 3 easy steps, only 5 minutes 100% safe and secureApply online
- Phone Call the Scotiabank Credit Card Centre1(800)747-3208 Mon to Thurs 9am – 11pm
Friday 9am – 10pm
Friday 9am – 10pm
- 1 Regular foreign currency conversion charges apply to travellers cheques. Read More
- 2 Rental Car Collision Loss Damage Insurance is underwritten by Primmum Insurance Company. Effective October 3, 2017, Rental Car Collision Loss Damage Insurance is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida. Details of the coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with the card. Read the Certificate of Insurance then keep it in a safe place with your other valuable documents, and take it with you when you travel. For all insurance coverages, certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions apply.
- 4 All Scotiabank retail credit cards, except ScotiaLine VISA card, Scotiabank Value VISA card, and No-Fee Scotiabank Value VISA card, will have Visa payWave when issued or reissued. Visa payWave™ is a Trademark of Visa Int./Lic
- 5 Subject to available credit. Scotia Credit Card Cheques are treated as a cash advance and interest applies from the transaction date until the amount is repaid in full.
- 6 Certain restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please visit www.visa.ca for a full description of the VISA Zero Liability Policy.
- ± The Scotiabank StartRight Program created for Canadian Landed Immigrants from 0-3 years in Canada, International Students and Foreign Workers.