Home Rentals in or near Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Search for Houses for Rent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Those who are looking for homes for rent in an area that’s close to the water, has warm and temperate weather, is near other interesting cities and is known for being a welcoming community should look no further than Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Individuals can take quick trips to the cultural melting pot that is Miami. which is only about a half hour away. That being said, there’s plenty to do in the sun, sand and surf in this gorgeous city.
Fun Facts about Fort Lauderdale
- The 33-square-mile city of Fort Lauderdale was incorporated into Broward County on March 27, 1911.
- The city is also called the “Venice of America,” because of the multiple bodies of water that flow through the city, which include the Atlantic Ocean and New River, as well as inland, scenic waterways.
- Fort Lauderdale is well-known for its beautiful climate – citizens enjoy more than 3,000 hours of sunshine every year, which is tempered by ocean breezes, so the heat never becomes unbearable.
- The city was named for Maj. William Lauderdale, who led troops into battle during the Second Seminole War and constructed three now-defunct forts named after him.
Important Resources for Fort Lauderdale Renters
- Renters in the city should consult with the Parks and Recreation Department if they want to stay active and seek out opportunities to have a ton of fun. There are plenty of programs and sports teams that residents of all ages can participate in.
- If individuals who are new to the area are on the job hunt, they should take advantage of the resources within the Fort Lauderdale Human Resources Department. Here, staff can help renters find employment opportunities that meet their needs.