- Free everyday banking – this means no fees and charges for going accidently overdrawn.
- Visa debit card – use at any CashPoint or other cash machines.
- Access to a range of services – Choose when you bank with 24 hour access to Online Banking and Mobile Banking as well as access to Telephone Banking and branch services.
- Mobile text alerts receive updates on your balance, limit and overseas transactions.
- 75 switch offer
- Monthly cash reward or Cashback Extras
- Planned Overdraft
- Cheque book
- Contactless debit card and Apple / Android Pay.
For more information and terms and conditions for this account read the Bank Account Getting Started Guide (PDF) .
Living in the EU?
If you live in an EU country outside of the UK and are applying for one of our accounts, the basic account is available to you.
How to apply for a Basic Account
If you live in the UK you cannot apply for a Basic account directly. You will need to start by applying for one of our current accounts. We will try to get information about your credit history to decide which account is right for you.
Prefer to speak to someone?
Call us on 0345 720 3040 (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-6pm and Sun 9am-5pm) or drop into your nearest branch .
Are you in financial difficulty?
We have a range of guides to help you through the harder times. Topics include managing debt and help with redundancy.
If you are an existing customer who has become insolvent (e.g. bankrupt, or have entered into a voluntary agreement to prevent being declared bankrupt) please call us on 0345 720 3040 (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-6pm and Sun 9am-5pm) or drop into your nearest branch.
Existing Easycash customers
You may be able to convert your existing Easycash account to a Basic Account through Online Banking. You can also check if you can upgrade to one of our other current accounts.