French – Online Courses
Note: Future term data are continually updated. Class offerings may be added, removed, or rescheduled without notice. Check the Ecampus Schedule of Classes frequently for current information.
Students who complete three years of French will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic French communicative conventions such as tu and vous.
- Learn and use a base of vocabulary to make conversation flow.
- Develop awareness of francophone countries and culture.
- Aurally identify meanings of simple messages.
- Compose simple texts and questions using learned grammar.
- Respond to questions using learned grammar and vocabulary.
Learn from a well-respected university
French courses are developed and taught by Oregon State faculty within the Department of World Languages and Cultures and all course material is delivered through multimedia instruction coupled with realistic learning objectives. Students will interact with their classmates through online discussion boards and interactive content to gain competency communicating in French. Online students receive the same curriculum and transcripts as our on-campus students.
Transfer your credits
All students enrolled in Oregon State Ecampus classes pay in-state tuition, making online classes affordable and flexible. It is important to note that Oregon State University runs on a quarter system. If you are transferring credits be sure to confirm the transfer policy of your home institution. Learn more about transferring credits.
Need more information about online foreign language courses?