#single family home for rent
This house above Dooneen Pier on 7 acres of rough pasture on the Sheep’s Head peninsula is 30km(16miles) west of Bantry and a 5-minute drive west from the village of Kilcrohane. The south and west facing windows take in a 180o panorama extending way beyond upstream towards the harbour at Ahakista and sweeping right down Dunmanus bay out west to where the mouth of the bay meets the Atlantic Ocean. It is a distinctively beautiful location with hills up behind to the north, and across the bay to the south. This is a quiet place of relaxation in one of Ireland’s renowned scenic areas.
This compact house is designed to fit into its environment. The roof blends into the slope of the hillside. mainly south and west-facing windows absorb the sun and light all year round; the changing light is a source of continual interest. All of Dooneen’s rooms give spectacular views be it of the bay, the headland, the hills north and south, and of the ever-changing weather.
Dooneen is an ideal retreat if you like to enjoy superb scenery, to walk, to swim, to fish, and then to sit back and simply relax, and read. It is also a good base from which to explore and enjoy the West Cork region of Ireland.
- �Privacy, in a tranquil place
- �Distinctive location, above Dooneen pier, western vista to the Atlantic
- �Situated in a sparsely populated, environmentally protected peninsula
- �Exceptionally beautiful scenery – north, south, east and west
- �Mild climate, winter low of 7oC. ; moon reflects on the dark waters of the bay
- �Unique architectural house design (1980) – 186sq m./2,000sq ft
- �double glazed windows are sun traps
- �internal red brick walls retain this passive solar heat
- �intimate and cosy atmosphere
- �living room CARA inset stove
- �dining area
- �large versatile space for entertaining, playroom, boat/fishing equipment
- �quarry tiled flooring ; teak doors/inbuilt fittings
- �3 sleeping/leisure areas downstairs ; 2, above
- �bath/shower, 2 additional showers, 3 WCs
- �3 overnight-charge electric storage heaters
- �STANLEY stove (oil-fired) for cooking, hot water and radiators
- �2 electric immersion water heaters
- �2-plate gas cooker
- �inbuilt microwave oven
- �3 refrigerators ; 6-shelf freezer cabinet ; clotheswasher and drier
- �Irish and international television channels (RTE, BBC, Channel 4, ITV, CNN, German, French, Italian and Spanish Channels)
- �Satellite Broadband Internet
- �1 double and 1 single bed ; 4 double and 2 single convertible bedsettees
- The peach tree fruits in the sunroom ; the property includes a half-acre (uncultivated, fertile) vegetable garden with apple trees
The overall effect is of a residence with a multiplicity of possibilities. A small family will have plenty of space. Grandparents can enjoy privacy and quietness. Adult friends could holiday together comfortably. Relaxation is its essence.
Please use our contact page for all enquiries and to make viewing appointments.